Wednesday 23 November 2016

NYX Lip Lingerie in Embellishment Review, Lip Swatches and Wear Test - Cruelty Free Drugstore Makeup

I'm normally NYX Cosmetics biggest fan, however, when they launched the Lip Lingerie range in the UK, I was a little "meh". I went through the whole range looking for a colour that spoke to me and none of them did.

It wasn't till I was talking to one of the staff members and she said she was wearing this one that I became interested.



This is Embellishment, on the tube and when I swatched it on my hand it just looks like a nude but on her, and subsequently my, face its the most amazing Lavender Taupe colour. I love greige type colours. Cashmere by Lime Crime and Ghoulish by LA Splash are two of my absolute favourite lipsticks and this is right in that vein, but a bit more purple. 


I love how it looks on, and have even broken my "no weird colours at work (except on a Friday)" rule. The formula is great, soft, moussey, easy to apply, high coverage, no drying or cracking and it wears off nicely. I feel like this exactly what Tarte were trying to do with the Tartist Lip Paints, however this is ten times better (note to self, remember to write the post you've been meaning to on the Tartist Lip Paints).

Don't ask what my face makeup is doing in this pic, I had a base product fail.
So I wore this all day. applied it before 8am, and the above photo was taken after 5pm with no touch ups. As you can see there are areas where there has been more wear and tear than others, but if I hadn't zoomed in and focus on my lips it wouldn't be that noticeable. 

I would 100% recommend this. None of the other colours, except maybe Exotic, grab me so I won't be testing if the formula is consistent across the range. I just know I really like this one.

It's £6.50 and you can get the full range at Boots in UK.

Loving the Lip Lingerie and would recommend another colour? Leave me a comment on which one.

XOXO Scruffy

Enquiry? Message me ascruffyduck@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment