Wednesday 30 November 2016

Boots Ingredients Lotus Flower & Tiger Lily Radiance & Brightening Sheet Mask Review - Cruelty Free

A couple of weeks ago I tried the Ingredients Charcoal and Willow Bark Mask and as I didn't hate it as much as I expected and I had really good results, I thought I would try another one. 

I had three to pick from, but this week has been long and could do with a boost, so I chose this one. Its the Lotus Flower & Tiger Lily, Radiance & Brightening Sheet Face Mask. 


So this mask is a little different to the first one. When I opened the packed the first thing I noticed was a faint floral smell, pleasant but not the slightest bit overpowering. Also, unlike the Charcoal one, the fluid with this one is a thin, milky cream and not a thick, slimy gel, which was far far nicer to deal with.



Just like before the sheet was huge, so so huge, but it did feel like it was made of something softer than the previous one. I did see somewhere this one was listed as a tissue mask, not a sheet mask, so it might be made of something different.


A couple of minutes in this happened and I ended up having to cut the cupids bow area off as it was getting in my mouth. This mask didn't sting as intensely as the other, but did tingle for longer (and I love me some tingle). I also feel like it began to dry out quicker than the other one, but not so fast it caused problems. 

When I took it off and rubbed the excess serum in, my skin did feel moisturised and look healthy. I wasn't sure how much the mask had actually done though, and decided to hold off judging it till the next morning.

....

So after using this mask, I had a bit of a disturbed nights sleep (nothing new for me) so I'm not sure if I would have had better results if I had got a solid 8 hours. My skin did look nice and refreshed, but I don't feel it did much more than just a nice moisturiser would have done.  And with a nice moisturiser I wouldn't have had to sit for 15 minutes doing nothing and trying not to get parts of it in my eyes or mouth. 

Overall it was fun, but I don't think the results are worth the hassle and I'm not going to repurchase it. I have already repurchased a couple of the charcoal ones, and am waiting of my skin to inevitably flare up again so I can see if the results were just a coincidence or not. Hopefully the second time around is better now I know what to expect.

XOXO Scruffy

Enquiry? Message me ascruffyduck@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment