Thursday 27 October 2016

Pacifica Mediterranean Fig Perfume Review - Cruelty Free Perfume


Recently I've been doing a lot of work to fill the gaps in my cruelty free knowledge and one of the areas that was lacking was the perfume deaprtment. Most big brand perfume is made by a parent company that tests on animals and the information on which ones do and don't is pretty sparse.

All my research brought me to Pacifica. An American company who's mission is to make amazing quality products, using safe ingredients in recyclable packaging and components. All their products are cruelty free, 100% vegan and gluten free.

Once I'd done my some more digging, I picked up four of them from Amazon. The full range wasn't available and there are rules about shipping perfume overseas. I wish I could have gotten the Persian Rose and the Malibu Lemon Blossom ones, as lemon and rose are two of my all time favourite scents. I'm so happy about the ones I did.

I've been using this one all week and throught I'd give you my thought. I'll update you on the other ones as I go. As all the packaging is the same with different prints, that probably wont change though.


Firstly, lets talk about the packaging. How cute is it? The box has a 60's feel and I love the mix of woodgrain print and gold foil. I love the bottle too, I think its because they've gone for something that is really functional and printed a cute see-through design on it. Ever tried wrestling with a fancy shaped bottle when you have the teeniest bit of moisturiser on your hands? Not fun. Doesn't happen with these though.

My only critisism would be the bottles don't come with a cap. I have been carrying these around in my handbag I was so worried about the pump getting broken I've kept them in the box. I am going to have to start doing it without the box, I'm just not quite ready.

Inside the box
According to the box, this perfume is "an earthly, rich blend of warm sweet figs, oak moss, fig leaves and creamy sandalwood".

I'm not sure I get all those notes, but then again my usual way of describing prefume is nice, not nice and too sweet/fake. I like natural smells, but it doesn't matter if they're fruity, floral or musky. Just as long as they're not overly fake or sickly sweet. 

Its a very autumnal smell: soft, musky, leafy and it is sweet, but not overly so. It make me think of evenings in pubs with open fires, walking through the park, crunching on dead leaves and dark nights cuddled up on the sofa.

I think my favourite thing about this scent is the hint of sandalwood, it can be picked up but isn't overpowering. Sandalwood is another one of my favourite scents, but its not the most feminine of things. As I'm already not the most feminine of woman, I like to wear a scent thats really easily to tell is definetly perfume. 

This is definetly perfume. Earthy, ladylike, perfume. I really like it. A 29ml bottle is just under £20, this makes it slightly more expensive than DKNY and less expensive than Ghost (which were the two brands I used to go for) but its worth it. 

XOXO Scruffy
Enquiry? Message me ascruffyduck@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment